Massage & Bodywork
As a healing art, Massage and Bodywork has a venerable tradition extending back to Egyptian, Greek and Chinese civilizations.
Encouraging healing by drawing upon the mind/body/energy continuum, it increases circulation, relieves muscle aches and pains, strengthens the immune system and improves overall well-being.
- Ease and loosen tense muscles.
- Soothe and relieve aches and pains.
- Speed recovery after strenuous exercise.
- Help to prevent injury.
- Create a feeling of relaxation.
- Encourage a sense of well-being.
- Calm and balance emotions.
- Promote relaxation.
- Reduce stress levels.
- Assist in flushing toxins out of the body.
- Reduce the build up of lactic acid.
- Stimulate circulation and the lymphatic system.
- Improve flexibility and range of motion.
Employing various therapies, the aim of Vital Movement Bodywork sessions is a pain-free body
The effects on the muscular, cardiovascular, lymphatic and nervous systems are profoundly powerful. After just one session you will feel more energized and stress-free; your overall well-being will be enhanced.
Above all else, it FEELS GREAT!
Whether you are new to bodywork or an experienced spa-goer, here are some tips to enhance your Vital Movement Bodywork experience.
- Close your eyes and feel your body inside and out; bring your center of energy out of your head and into your body; see with your skins sense of touch.
- As you settle on the table/mat, imagine your body being very heavy and melting into it.
- If your thoughts race, try to quiet your mind by focusing on your breath.
- Breathe deeply and regularly, allowing the body to become heavy and sink into the table/mat.
- As you breathe in, imagine your being filling with light, energy, and wellness. As you breathe out, imagine releasing any stress, tension, pain, or worry you might be carrying.
- Breathe deeply into every cell of your being throughout your session.
- Deep breathing helps you relax. People often stop breathing when they feel anxious or a sensitive area is manipulated. If this is happening, let yourself breathe.
- As the areas of tension are touched, try to let go and relax those areas. Tightening up during the session is counterproductive.
- Know that it is alright to talk if you’d like, but that silence is acceptable as well. In fact, silence may deepen the experience of your session, allowing a focus on what is happening in your body, mind and emotions in the moment.
- Allow emotions to surface and be expressed. If emotions surface, do not be afraid to give them expression. The body is the seat of the emotions. Sometimes during a session emotions will come up, and it is of great benefit if they can be released and worked through. At the very least, do not be afraid to sigh with relaxation or hum with pleasure.
Please feel free to post any comments, questions or concerns.